No bake peanut butter balls
Arthur is a little snack fiend…..more specifically he is most definitely a Cookie Monster!
I wanted to satisfy his cookie cravings while knowing he wasn’t eating total garbage! So the ‘no bake peanut butter balls’ were created!!
My immediate thought was to use oats, filling and healthy! Peanut butter would be a good binder and honey would add sweetness!
I then thought that I could literally use just these ingredients and not actually have to do any baking!!
You can add pretty much anything you’d like to these to make them a little more exciting! I usually add raisins. Bananas are good in them too if you mash them up well (although it’s difficult for bananas to be around for more the a day here, as Arthur loves these too!!). You could also add apple sauce, I’ve also used chopped apple. Basically, any fruit would be yummy!
Chocolate chips would be nice, but then it would kind of go against our healthy ‘cookie’ goal wouldn’t it!?
As an extra bonus these no bake peanut butter balls are so simple to make, so it’s a great way to get little toddler hands in the kitchen!
Arthur loves these cookie alternatives! They are also proving to be a great pregnancy snack for me! They are filling, yummy and healthy!
|No bake peanut butter balls|| || |
- 1½ cup of quick oats
- 3 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- To taste
- Chopped apple (or any fruit you like)
- Mashed banana
- This couldn't be much easier!
- In a mixing bowl add together all your ingredients
- Mix, best done by hand to bring the ingredients together (using hands also makes for more fun for toddlers!)
- Separate and roll into balls, approximately ping pong ball size.
- Refrigerate or freeze until needed!
- Or if you (or your toddler) can't wait, eat straight away!
There you have it! Easy peasy, and super versatile depending on what you have in the fridge!