In my attempt to calm my pre-trip panic that sets in every time we go away anywhere I’m writing this post about getting organised for baby 2!!
So, on the 2nd August we leave our little island of Praslin to head to the “bright lights” of the main island of Mahe.
My Caesarian is scheduled for the 11th.
Now Mark has finished work for summer it feels like we can finally get things sorted!!
I have a growth scan on Thursday 23rd so assuming all goes well there the above dates should be pretty secure now, unless of course I go into labour before that….basically, I’m just not considering that as an option or my brain might explode! (Burying my head in the sand, who, me? No way!)
What we’ve done so far
- We have got out the suitcase with Arthur’s old clothes in to check out what we’ve got -surprisingly a lot so that’s great news! We also got to take a lovely trip down memory lane looking at all the outfits, bonus!
- Bought some baby detergent/softener to wash baby clothes.
- Ordered baby blankets to Mark’s parents
- Checked baby bottles and steriliser. Planning on breastfeeding like I did with Arthur but good to have back ups. Also, fingers crossed this time baby will accept a bottle of expressed milk for a night feed!)
- Bought a couple packs of little nappies (we will be using cloth nappies but not in the hospital!)
- Moved the changing table out of Arthur’s room and into ours
- Rearranged furniture in our room to accommodate cot, changing table and feeding chair.
- Dug out bags to pack to go go Mahe
- Booked accomodation on Mahe
- Booked hire car on Mahe
- Ordered (and recieved) two books; The Very Hungry Caterpillar [Board Book]
and I’m a New Big Brother: A Pirate Pete book (Pirate Pete & Princess Polly) for Arthur as presents from the baby
Still to do
- Wash baby clothes. Possibly order more clothes to Mark’s mum and dad depending how they come up after being washed! – They will be out with us when we have the baby and there’s no way we can get anything delivered directly here on time
- Wash baby bedding
- Buy toiletries for myself and the baby when we are in hospital – This we will probably do on Mahe
- Get out my gorgeous yet very practical Vanchi NU Leather Doctor Bag (Nougat/ Cocoa)
- Pack hospital bag for myself and baby – be good and not overpack like I did last time!!!
- Pack for time on Mahe before I go into hospital.
- Buy a few more cloth nappies, no urgent rush for this as we have some already, particularly as Arthur is well on the way to being potty trained, and they won’t fit baby straight away anyway! However, ideally will do before Mark’s parents come so they can bring for us.
- Book flights to Mahe. Residents can’t do this until very close to the date so we will have to leave this a little longer, kind of annoying but we will see!
- Wrap presents from the baby to Arthur.
I am sure I have missed lots of things off this list but, I must say I feel better for writing this down. It’s made me realise we’ve done more than I thought!