This little gorgeous boy is now 2 years old!! These two years have certainly flown! In a total parent cliche this day feels just like yesterday We have definitely squeezed in lots though! They have been filled with love, “cuggles”, firsts, learning, adventures and plenty […]
Month: June 2015
So I wasn’t going to make this into a blog post, but I thought it was the best way to make sure I don’t lose it!!
I wanted to record where Arthur is at with his speech. We don’t know anyone here who has kids the same age as Arthur (we know people with kids a year older and a year younger but obviously there’s huge changes in a year!)
So we don’t really have any comparisons we can make to judge where he’s at with his speech!
So, here’s a bit about Arthur’s speech at 2 years old!
He’s not yet really putting any words together, we’ve had:
we are also getting “Oh dear”
Other than that though words are pretty much singular.
I hadn’t considered that this was potentially a problem until I got a monthly email from Babycentre where it was saying that at 2 kids can put up to 3 words together and I had a bit of a panic!
I realised when writing this list out that he had more words than I knew! Also, he can communicate with us just fine and so I need to put any possible worry out of my mind (something deep down I knew anyway of course!)
In the last few weeks he has gained so many new words, he’s definitely on a bit of a word spurt (is that a thing!?)
There are probably words I have missed off here but it was really nice to have a general idea of where Arthur is at!
General & around the house
Thomas (as in the Tank Engine)
Cold (this is a/c or fridge related so not really outside!!)
Go (usually go go go)
Courtesy of the TV
Trousers (this is down to ITNG as Arthur NEVER wears them!)
Food & Drink
Gecko (said as two words gec-ko)
The almost there words
Balloon – boon
Skink – sink
Sleep- seeep (always whispered!)
Tomato – mato
I should probably go ahead and unsubscribe from those babycentre emails. They just do a good job of making me worry or feel bad about stuff!!
Saturday nights. Ahh the memories, or perhaps the lack there of. Crawling in (sometimes literally) at 3am. Staying in bed till midday on Sunday, feeling like death warmed up, watching loads of trash TV. This Saturday, I was up at 3am, feeling like death warmed […]
I have been nominated by the lovely Polly Mixtures in the “I am the Mum who…” tag. So without further ado
I am the Mum who
- Is so happy that I have the opportunity to be a stay at home Mum
- Laughs at her toddlers tantrums
- Is obsessed with Arthur’s sleep and routine!
- Continuously doubts my parenting skills despite my husband constantly reassuring me!
- After Arthur’s bed time, always feels unbelievably guilty if I’ve got cross with him that day!
- Still cant quite believe that soon she will be having another baby!!
- Has only just realised in the last couple weeks that I need to slow down a little this pregnancy (in my 3rd trimester!)
- Hopes more than anything that Arthur and his baby brother will be the best of friends!
- Is so proud of having her babies abroad, and the life that they will have because of it!
- At the same time feels guilty for having babies away from their grandparents.
- Has diagnosed her son with every illness known to man, thanks to Dr. Google!! (He’s always totally fine of course!)
- After two years falls more in love with Arthur everyday!
- Knows that this little boy bump is coming into such a loving family, and can’t wait for him to be here!
Im going to nominate
If they’d like to share 🙂